* Members' Albums

 
Key Largo
A stop for a quick bite!
 235
 nomad
Sep 16, 2011
in Key West Poker Run 2011
 
Fun Places
 200
 nomad
May 02, 2011
in Thunder Beach Sping Rally - 20…
 
Garmin 550 Mounting Craddle
 246
 nomad
Jul 21, 2010
in 2010 Sturgis/Crossing Country…
 
DSCN0560
 184
 nomad
Jun 15, 2011
in Miscellaneous

Welcome Guest!

Welcome and thanks for visiting Harley Davidson and V-twin Forums, a dedicated site for all Harley Davidson motorcycle enthusiastic riders,

We are working very hard to bring this site to all riders, who love to ride the world most famous motorcycles:  Harley Davidson!

You will enjoy many selected features that will give you all bells and whistles as in any commercial sites.
Sign up, and upload your photos to your own photo album that is NOT limited size (dimension and file) of your photos as many other commercial forums do. You will see new stunning, high quality photos that re-digitized by our photo album software.  We rule our forum based on our U.S. constitution!

In the meantime,
you are currently viewing our forum in guest mode, which gives you the limited access to many features, such as view attached image, post reply, upload photo to your own photo album, create a poll, send private message (PM) to other members, and many more. Registration is free, and it takes only a minute.
You registration is really appreciated!
Please login, or click here to register.


Author Topic: Sharing Your Knowledge!  (Read 2894 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline nomad

  • The Pioneer
  • Casual Rider
  • *
  • Posts: 464
  • Bike Year/Model: 2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited
  • Location: Florida
Sharing Your Knowledge!
« on: March 15, 2011, 03:42:25 AM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • I know that we all have different backgrounds, and different riding levels.  Some have been riding many years, but they've never attended a riding school, and of course, many people have attended school recently, to learn riding a motorcycle.
    Knowledge and experience are coming from all kinds of sources, so I would like hear and see what you have to share with the others, so we can minimize the dangerous environment out there.  If your tip(s), or trick(s) is logical, and practical. They will be added to our "Riding tip of the day", which is rotating on the top of this site.
    So, give me your PRIDE!

    Here are mine:
    • DO NOT use hand signals to communicate with other motorists.  MOST motorists do not know about hand signals, so they DO NOT understand your hand signals.  USE your bike signals!
    • At any stop, put your foot down by the TIP of your shoe, then flatten your shoe to the ground to make a full contact.  This may give you more time to save your bike from falling, if there is any slippage due to loose gravel, or bald shoe heel.
    2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited



    The World is a book and for those who do not travel read only a page!
    (Saint Augustine)

    Offline nomad

    • The Pioneer
    • Casual Rider
    • *
    • Posts: 464
    • Bike Year/Model: 2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited
    • Location: Florida
    Re: Sharing Your Knowledge!
    « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 03:46:39 AM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • No such thing is safety on the road, so minimize the risk by staying on the right lane.  Most likely, no one wants to cut your off.
    2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited



    The World is a book and for those who do not travel read only a page!
    (Saint Augustine)

    Offline Lakerat

    • Stopping By
    • Posts: 1
    • Roaming America Rider
    • Bike Year/Model: 92 FXLR  98 FLHTCUI
    • Location: Lake Tenkiller, OK
    Re: Sharing Your Knowledge!
    « Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 12:37:38 PM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • 99% of the cagers don't see you, the other 1% are actively trying to kill you....

    Offline gottaride

    • Starter
    • *
    • Posts: 53
    • Location: N. CA
    Re: Sharing Your Knowledge!
    « Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 03:13:41 PM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • 99% of the cagers don't see you, the other 1% are actively trying to kill you....
    Damn!
    It may not exactly, but it is true!  ;D
    2010 "Sweet" Fat Boy

     

    HDvTwinForums On FaceBook

    Please "like" us on facebook
    Thanks

    * Members' Areas

    Hey Guys and Gals!
    Add your location to
    "Member Map"


    Biketoberfest 2012  (New) posted by HDfan

    Daytona Bike Week 2012
    - Custom Bike Madness - posted by Nomad

    Free Coupons - (members only).

    Advertising

    Where are you?


    Facebook Comments