HDfan
Oct 20, 2012
in Biketoberfe­st 2012

Custer, SD
 nomad
Jun 16, 2010
in Crossing USA/Sturgis 2001

Welcome Guest!

Welcome and thanks for visiting Harley Davidson and V-twin Forums, a dedicated site for all Harley Davidson motorcycle enthusiastic riders,

We are working very hard to bring this site to all riders, who love to ride the world most famous motorcycles:  Harley Davidson!

You will enjoy many selected features that will give you all bells and whistles as in any commercial sites.
Sign up, and upload your photos to your own photo album that is NOT limited size (dimension and file) of your photos as many other commercial forums do. You will see new stunning, high quality photos that re-digitized by our photo album software.  We rule our forum based on our U.S. constitution!

In the meantime,
you are currently viewing our forum in guest mode, which gives you the limited access to many features, such as view attached image, post reply, upload photo to your own photo album, create a poll, send private message (PM) to other members, and many more. Registration is free, and it takes only a minute.
You registration is really appreciated!
Please login, or click here to register.

Author Topic: Garmin Lifetime Updater - How to load US & Canada maps into Zumo 550  (Read 2438 times)

Offline nomad

• The Pioneer
  • Casual Rider
  • Bike Year/Model: 2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited
Hi all!
 As a Zumo user, I have encountered the "memories is full" when loading new maps from  Garmin!
 I have done searching the solution of how to install the whole North America Maps Canada and USA) from Garmin to my Zumo 550, but there is no help at all out there.  The only place that gives me the right direction is the Garmin site, which many people have been complaining about the lacking of information.
 So, I will share my experience of how to load the whole thing in my Zumo 550, assuming one has purchased maps from Garmin.
  • Connect your Zumo to a PC through a USB.
  • Run "Garmin Lifetime Updater", then check for new map update.
  • Click on "settings" option, then "installation", and check "computer only".
  • Follow the instruction on the screen, and the program will install the WHOLE map into a designated location in your computer.
  • Close the program, and open "Mapinstall" program.  Make sure a SD card (mine is 16 GB) is inserted into the GPS.
  • Follow the on screen to select the location of the newest map that you've just installed in your computer.
  • The program will ask you to select the location to install the map, and this is where you will select the SD card location, which you should know where it is.  :)
  • A "map of North America" will appear on the screen.  Click on the map to highlight (select) all the parts of the map that you want to install.  Use the "zoom" option to enlarge the map, so you can not miss any part of the map.
  • Click on "finished" button to install the map into the SD card, after you have done the selecting.  It may take about an hour, so be patient!
  • I now have the whole USA & Canada in my Zumo.  Very happy!  :)
  • Have any questions, I will try to help.
Note:  This information may not work for some people, depending on your computer's set up.  You can contact Garmin regard this procedure.
2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited

The World is a book and for those who do not travel read only a page!
(Saint Augustine)

HDvTwinForums On FaceBook

Please "like" us on facebook
Thanks

* Members' Areas

Hey Guys and Gals!
Add your location to
"Member Map"

Biketoberfest 2012  (New) posted by HDfan

Daytona Bike Week 2012
- Custom Bike Madness - posted by Nomad

Free Coupons - (members only).