mabernhardt
Dec 22, 2010
in Our trip to Texas Oct. 2010

Sturgis - Hills City
 nomad
Aug 11, 2011
in Crossing the USA 2011 - Route…

Welcome Guest!

Welcome and thanks for visiting Harley Davidson and V-twin Forums, a dedicated site for all Harley Davidson motorcycle enthusiastic riders,

We are working very hard to bring this site to all riders, who love to ride the world most famous motorcycles:  Harley Davidson!

You will enjoy many selected features that will give you all bells and whistles as in any commercial sites.
Sign up, and upload your photos to your own photo album that is NOT limited size (dimension and file) of your photos as many other commercial forums do. You will see new stunning, high quality photos that re-digitized by our photo album software.  We rule our forum based on our U.S. constitution!

In the meantime,
you are currently viewing our forum in guest mode, which gives you the limited access to many features, such as view attached image, post reply, upload photo to your own photo album, create a poll, send private message (PM) to other members, and many more. Registration is free, and it takes only a minute.
You registration is really appreciated!
Please login, or click here to register.

Author Topic: Hi from New Zealand  (Read 3483 times)

Offline Gringo Dave

• Stopping By
  • Gringo Dave
  • Bike Year/Model: Ultra Classic
Hi from New Zealand
« on: February 17, 2012, 03:20:17 AM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • Hello all, My name is Dave and I ride with two other couples here in NZ and have done for many years. We are embarking on a trip from Richmond Va. to LA and a whole lot of places along the route. We will be on the road for some 3 months and are all getting pretty excited about it. As the trip is a long one, we have broken it into three parts, each couple taking their third and doing research on what to see and where to go. I would really appreciate any advise as to gear to take and places to see between Richmond - Florida - New Orleans. We did a ride in 09 and went down the Blue Ridge parkway which was beautiful, would mind doing this again but interested in any other highlites you guys may know of. Really appreciate your advise, if anyone wants to know anything about NZ, or help setting up a ride, I'm all ears and happy to help out. Dave

Offline Ike

• Stopping By
    • Roaming America Rider
    • Bike Year/Model: 2011 E.G Ultra Limited
    Re: Hi from New Zealand
    « Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 04:56:43 AM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • When are you planning to leave?  Im in Va. Beach, if you are interested in historical spots, Williamsburg, Va has some interesting attractions.  If just into nice scenery,  you may want to take RT 12 down through the outer banks of NC and down to Cape Hatteras.  Just a thought.  Have fun.
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Ike 8) 

"I believe the best social program is a job"

- Ronald Reagan

Offline gottaride

• Starter
    « Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 11:44:12 AM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • Hello all, My name is Dave and I ride with two other couples here in NZ and have done for many years. We are embarking on a trip from Richmond Va. to LA and a whole lot of places along the route. We will be on the road for some 3 months and are all getting pretty excited about it. As the trip is a long one, we have broken it into three parts, each couple taking their third and doing research on what to see and where to go. I would really appreciate any advise as to gear to take and places to see between Richmond - Florida - New Orleans. We did a ride in 09 and went down the Blue Ridge parkway which was beautiful, would mind doing this again but interested in any other highlites you guys may know of. Really appreciate your advise, if anyone wants to know anything about NZ, or help setting up a ride, I'm all ears and happy to help out. Dave
    Welcome Dave!
    3 months on the road is a lot of riding.  As the length of the trip, eventually, you will run into all kinds of weather across the USA.  For sure, I would bring a few essential items, such as rain gears, full face helmet, waterproof boots and gloves, and of course, warm riding clothes.
    Are you gonna camp, or hotel?
    Again, it depends on when you will start, but that is my personal choices.
    Good luck and have fun.
    2010 "Sweet" Fat Boy

Offline Gringo Dave

• Stopping By
    • Gringo Dave
    • Bike Year/Model: Ultra Classic
    « Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 06:11:54 PM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • Wow, long time since I posted !!  we've done the trip and are home again, what a blast we had!!  The USA has got to be one of the Greatest Motorcycle rides ever. NZ is great, but the US is in tune with motorcyclists and touring. We had a great time and didn't feel threatened or in danger at any point, except going through Yellowstone with a couple of Buffalo staring us down!!  The whole trip was amazing and everyday brought a new adventure. The total trip went for 67 days and we ended up doing 11500 miles, hitting a large percentage of the highlites along the way. Death Valley was sitting at 123 deg F, something to experience once but don't know if I'd do that again, The east coast is beautiful, all the way down to Key West. We were constantly pinching each other saying, "did you see that!!!" Fantastic. Although they won't see it, a big thankyou to all that helped out along the way and all that simply said, "Hi, how yall doing?? We were all very impressed with the US adventure and highly recommend it to others.
    We will be back. Again, any questions or concerns from anyone, I will try and answer as best I can.
    Dave

Offline steppenwolf

• Casual Rider
    « Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 12:35:37 AM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • Great for letting us know you had a good time and felt at home here in the states and you are welcome back at any time. ;D
    Don't let the good times pass you by,grab all you can.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_sgQN0cpAw

Offline nomad

• The Pioneer
    • Casual Rider
    • Bike Year/Model: 2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited
    « Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 02:29:53 AM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • Wow, long time since I posted !!  we've done the trip and are home again, what a blast we had!!  The USA has got to be one of the Greatest Motorcycle rides ever. NZ is great, but the US is in tune with motorcyclists and touring. We had a great time and didn't feel threatened or in danger at any point, except going through Yellowstone with a couple of Buffalo staring us down!!  The whole trip was amazing and everyday brought a new adventure. The total trip went for 67 days and we ended up doing 11500 miles, hitting a large percentage of the highlites along the way. Death Valley was sitting at 123 deg F, something to experience once but don't know if I'd do that again, The east coast is beautiful, all the way down to Key West. We were constantly pinching each other saying, "did you see that!!!" Fantastic. Although they won't see it, a big thankyou to all that helped out along the way and all that simply said, "Hi, how yall doing?? We were all very impressed with the US adventure and highly recommend it to others.
    We will be back. Again, any questions or concerns from anyone, I will try and answer as best I can.
    Dave
    That's GREAT!
    I am glad that you have enjoyed the US.  Of course, it is always the most beautiful country to me,
    I also hope that you will be back to ride more, as 11500 miles is not "enough" to see everything.  Again, no one has said that I have seen everything,
    For sure, this can be one of your the lifetime trip, so save all your pictures to your free album in this site, and share your wonderful time to the whole world.  In addition, a story goes along with all the photos will be an long time entertainment for many of us.
    Thanks again to share your passion.
    Nick
    2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited

The World is a book and for those who do not travel read only a page!
    (Saint Augustine)

HDvTwinForums On FaceBook

Please "like" us on facebook
    Thanks

* Members' Areas

Hey Guys and Gals!
    Add your location to
    "Member Map"

Biketoberfest 2012  (New) posted by HDfan

Daytona Bike Week 2012
    - Custom Bike Madness - posted by Nomad

Free Coupons - (members only).