nomad
Feb 03, 2013
in Sunday 02-03-13 Ride - FL Crew

DSCN0194
 nomad
Aug 24, 2010
in 2010 Sturgis/Crossing Country…

Welcome Guest!

Welcome and thanks for visiting Harley Davidson and V-twin Forums, a dedicated site for all Harley Davidson motorcycle enthusiastic riders,

We are working very hard to bring this site to all riders, who love to ride the world most famous motorcycles:  Harley Davidson!

You will enjoy many selected features that will give you all bells and whistles as in any commercial sites.
Sign up, and upload your photos to your own photo album that is NOT limited size (dimension and file) of your photos as many other commercial forums do. You will see new stunning, high quality photos that re-digitized by our photo album software.  We rule our forum based on our U.S. constitution!

In the meantime,
you are currently viewing our forum in guest mode, which gives you the limited access to many features, such as view attached image, post reply, upload photo to your own photo album, create a poll, send private message (PM) to other members, and many more. Registration is free, and it takes only a minute.
You registration is really appreciated!
Please login, or click here to register.

Author Topic: New to this group.......  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Honyok

• Stopping By
  • Usually been there more than twice...
  • Bike Year/Model: ElectraGlide Classic
New to this group.......
« on: December 31, 2012, 05:15:59 PM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • New to this group :handshake: even though I've been around awhile, I'm always open to new lessons or advise on experiences. Started riding back in '57. Bike was a Simplex. You could buy one at Montgomery Wards for $450. Sure a price difference in the new ElectriGlide Classic I'm riding today at $20,000. After doing about everything on my bikes, I've seemed to settle into more cross country riding coast to coast. It's a lot more fun and a lot less hazardous to your health. I usually average about 12K to 14K per year on my bike. I do still have a job. But am off on average about four months per year. Mostly between March and October. Rode the entire West Coast (San Diego to Canadian Border) and the East Coast from North Carolina to Key West. Been all across the lower Southern part of the USA and am looking forward to riding the Blue Ridge Parkway this summer (2013) and then on up to Maine. That should cover me on all 48 US states. Already been to Canada and Mexico. Being I'm going on to 71 years old, I figure I better get it done soon. Be looking forward to hanging out on the Forums and learning new things to go do or try. Ride safe......
    Most of the things I've discovered in life, I found while I was looking for something else.

Offline nomad

• The Pioneer
    • Casual Rider
    • Bike Year/Model: 2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited
    Re: New to this group.......
    « Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 12:20:57 AM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • Happy new year to you and your family!  Welcome, you are blessed.
    I have been riding for almost 40 years, but I don't think that's even close to your time.  I've also been around the country for awhile, but every time, I ask myself whether I know enough about that state or city, then I cannot say to myself that I do.  I guess I have ride back there again and spend more time at that place to "know" more.  I wish I ride as long as I can.
    What are you gonna do after you run out of places to see?
    I hope I can see you on the road someday.
    Take care and thanks for sharing yours.  How about all the pix that you have. :)
     :thanks2:
    2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited

The World is a book and for those who do not travel read only a page!
    (Saint Augustine)

Offline Honyok

• Stopping By
    « Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 12:54:08 AM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • Happy new year to you and your family!  Welcome, you are blessed.
    How about all the pix that you have. :)
     :thanks2:

I'll attach some of them here and see how they come out. Hope i do it correctly.
    Most of the things I've discovered in life, I found while I was looking for something else.

Offline Honyok

• Stopping By
    « Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 01:09:27 AM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • The Blue Chopper is a bike I build back in 2004. Back when building a chopper was a fade around the bike communities. I believe that has sort of gone away now-a-days. It was fun while it lasted though. Put about 8,000 miles on it. Rode it all over the Black Hills in SD and all over the state of Oklahoma. Won three First Place trophies with it at bike shows. The hard tail eventually wore me out so I gave the bike to my son. He rides it to work, gets lots of attention from his fellow workers. He really enjoys the ride.

Offline nomad

• The Pioneer
    • Casual Rider
    • Bike Year/Model: 2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited
    « Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 02:43:16 AM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • Thanks for all the fun pix. 8)
    You are still a macho 71 year old, and I can that you will many more years, so there is no rush there.
    I like beautiful bike and of course, it's even better that nice bike and cute/hot girls.
    I best you have many more interesting photos.  So far, what is your most memorable trip in the US, or which part of the country is the best to you?
    2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited

The World is a book and for those who do not travel read only a page!
    (Saint Augustine)

HDvTwinForums On FaceBook

Please "like" us on facebook
    Thanks

* Members' Areas

Hey Guys and Gals!
    Add your location to
    "Member Map"

Biketoberfest 2012  (New) posted by HDfan

Daytona Bike Week 2012
    - Custom Bike Madness - posted by Nomad

Free Coupons - (members only).