Roadcannon1
Aug 13, 2008
in Just a few prints

Ooooh shiney...
 Mikedag
Jul 23, 2010
in Just some pics

P5191156
The I 70 from GreenRiver to Salina was a suprise. A good fast ride in the early morning.
 micky.rat
May 19, 2012
in US Bike Trip

On the Way Home
Early in the morning!  I think humans are now, herding deers.
 nomad
Aug 24, 2010
in 2010 Sturgis/Crossing Country…

Welcome Guest!

Welcome and thanks for visiting Harley Davidson and V-twin Forums, a dedicated site for all Harley Davidson motorcycle enthusiastic riders,

We are working very hard to bring this site to all riders, who love to ride the world most famous motorcycles:  Harley Davidson!

You will enjoy many selected features that will give you all bells and whistles as in any commercial sites.
Sign up, and upload your photos to your own photo album that is NOT limited size (dimension and file) of your photos as many other commercial forums do. You will see new stunning, high quality photos that re-digitized by our photo album software.  We rule our forum based on our U.S. constitution!

In the meantime,
you are currently viewing our forum in guest mode, which gives you the limited access to many features, such as view attached image, post reply, upload photo to your own photo album, create a poll, send private message (PM) to other members, and many more. Registration is free, and it takes only a minute.
You registration is really appreciated!
Please login, or click here to register.

Author Topic: What do think about the new look of all 2014 Touring models  (Read 5320 times)

Offline pumpitup

• Stopping By
  • Roaming America Rider
  • Bike Year/Model: 2011 Ultra Limited
Go ahead hammer on me, but I can't hold it and actually I am mad with Harley designing group. :mad:

Yesterday, I stopped by my local dealer, and I had a chance to look over several 2014 touring models on the showroom.
I personally don't like the new design at all. The round and smooth corners and angles of the new bikes have totally turned me off; they are so ugly to me. ;D
If I am not a Harley rider, I'm probably mistaken it is a Jap bike.  There is no strong angle and straight line to show the "macho" of an American bike in 2014 touring models.
f**K that, I will keep my air cooled bike as long as I can.  Unless the design will be different later.
That's it! I feel better now.
Call me Rich, or call me Dick.  Whatever you want!

Offline gottaride

• Starter
2014 Touring models are ugly!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 04:03:36 PM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • Alright, alright!
    I hate agree with you, but yes, they are ugly. ;D
    Not that I have money to buy one, which I don't, but I probably think hard to get one over a Yamaha Venture or Kawa Nomad.
    I think people didn't "see ", when either they didn't ride one of the older models for a comparison, or just the name Harley is that enough.
    I will have to wait for the next year models. hm
    2010 "Sweet" Fat Boy

Offline tconnolly

• Stopping By
    • Roaming America Rider
    • Bike Year/Model: Ultra
    Re: What do think about the new look of all 2014 Touring models
    « Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 10:26:36 PM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • I disagree, I believe HD has incorporated many solid design features. Time will tell.

Offline pumpitup

• Stopping By
    • Roaming America Rider
    • Bike Year/Model: 2011 Ultra Limited
    « Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 10:47:44 PM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • I disagree, I believe HD has incorporated many solid design features. Time will tell.

I am not talking about all the new features and the name and sound of the Harley. I am talking about the new look, the appearance, the shape, the curve of the new model. Ex.: the saddle bag guard is ugly fK to me; a dip on the guard to give more room leg for the passenger makes the appearance of a poor design in terms of art, even tho it is considered a new improvement. ;D
    The round edge of the saddlebags, tour bags, and bat wings look similar to a Kawa.  That's sad!
    Of course, the twin-cooled feature has been used in the Kawa bike for a while already. Nothing new!
    Not that I like the Kawa, which I don't.
    Just my personal observation!

Click on image to enlarge or minimize.
    Call me Rich, or call me Dick.  Whatever you want!

Offline steppenwolf

• Casual Rider
    « Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 03:53:46 PM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • Kinda hard to see what the models look like on line and draw a real conclusion...but I don't like this color myself and thought Wing at first glance at this picture you posted..

Seems like everybody is going to that aerodynamic look,I like the more traditional look myself.

Don't let the good times pass you by,grab all you can.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_sgQN0cpAw

Offline Rock Hammer

• Stopping By
    • Roaming America Rider
    • Bike Year/Model: 2014 Limited & 2009 Sportster
    « Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 11:20:00 PM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • Go ahead hammer on me, but I can't hold it and actually I am mad with Harley designing group. :mad:

Yesterday, I stopped by my local dealer, and I had a chance to look over several 2014 touring models on the showroom.
    I personally don't like the new design at all. The round and smooth corners and angles of the new bikes have totally turned me off; they are so ugly to me. ;D
    If I am not a Harley rider, I'm probably mistaken it is a Jap bike.  There is no strong angle and straight line to show the "macho" of an American bike in 2014 touring models.
    f**K that, I will keep my air cooled bike as long as I can.  Unless the design will be different later.
    That's it! I feel better now.

Have you bought a 14 yet, if not you don't know what your missing.

HDvTwinForums On FaceBook

Please "like" us on facebook
    Thanks

* Members' Areas

Hey Guys and Gals!
    Add your location to
    "Member Map"

Biketoberfest 2012  (New) posted by HDfan

Daytona Bike Week 2012
    - Custom Bike Madness - posted by Nomad

Free Coupons - (members only).

Advertising