HDfan
Oct 20, 2012
in Biketoberfe­st 2012

Ad girls
 nomad
Sep 18, 2010
in Key West Poker Run 2010

Welcome Guest!

Welcome and thanks for visiting Harley Davidson and V-twin Forums, a dedicated site for all Harley Davidson motorcycle enthusiastic riders,

We are working very hard to bring this site to all riders, who love to ride the world most famous motorcycles:  Harley Davidson!

You will enjoy many selected features that will give you all bells and whistles as in any commercial sites.
Sign up, and upload your photos to your own photo album that is NOT limited size (dimension and file) of your photos as many other commercial forums do. You will see new stunning, high quality photos that re-digitized by our photo album software.  We rule our forum based on our U.S. constitution!

In the meantime,
you are currently viewing our forum in guest mode, which gives you the limited access to many features, such as view attached image, post reply, upload photo to your own photo album, create a poll, send private message (PM) to other members, and many more. Registration is free, and it takes only a minute.
You registration is really appreciated!
Please login, or click here to register.

Author Topic: Possible Votage Regulator Issue  (Read 1529 times)

Offline dszabo90FXR

• Stopping By
  • Roaming America Rider
  • Bike Year/Model: 1990 FXR
Possible Votage Regulator Issue
« on: February 23, 2015, 08:38:57 AM »
  • Publish
  • Publish
  • I recently picked up a relatively stock FXR that needed some TLC. Got the carb sorted out and it starts and runs. The one issue I've noticed is that the headlight dims down very low at idle and the bike seems to be struggling to hold idle. Looks like the coil was replaced with a Screaming Eagle after-market deal. If I rev it up a bit the light regains its brightness and the motor is much happier, but after a minute or so the idle drops along with the headlight. I do have the idle up around 1,000 rpm to keep it running. Thinking it could be related to a bad voltage regulator, but not sure how to check this. This bike also has the VOES for advance. Any help would be appreciated!

HDvTwinForums On FaceBook

Please "like" us on facebook
    Thanks

* Members' Areas

Hey Guys and Gals!
    Add your location to
    "Member Map"

Biketoberfest 2012  (New) posted by HDfan

Daytona Bike Week 2012
    - Custom Bike Madness - posted by Nomad

Free Coupons - (members only).

Advertising